Slow Cooker Recipes and Slow Cooker Liner Blogs - Slow Cooker Meals
Posted by on 18th Feb 2015
We are delighted with the feedback which we are getting from the reviews on Slow Cooker Liners. A big benefit of the slow cooker is that you can leave it on throughout the day and it will ready when the family return from school or work. So we have decided to share one of our family favourites Macaroni Cheese.
We know most kids (and adults) love creamy cheesy macaroni and cheese; this makes this an easy recipe for busy days. If you want to add something to the meal it could be served with roasted chicken and or fresh steamed vegetables.
We would of course recommend that you use a Slow Cooker Liner with all Slow Cooker Recipes as this reduces the need to scrub your slow cooker bowl.
Slow cooker Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients Serves: 4-6
- 300g pasta, uncooked
- 45g butter, unsalted
- 8 oz. soft cheese
- 225g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 240ml milk
- 120ml cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
Slow cooker Macaroni and Cheese Method
Preparation Time: 10min
Cooking Time: 2h
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until it is just under al dente.
- Drain and place in the slow cooker, don’t forget your slow cooker liner.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pasta and stir until well combined.
- Cook on high for 2 – 3 hours.
All that is left to do now is to sit back and enjoy your meal and not have to worry about the washing up!