Slow cooker chicken and mushroom curry
Posted by on January 21, 2015
We are delighted with the feedback which we are getting from the reviews on Slow Cooker Liners and as you like the slow cooker recipes we have decided to share with some more of our favourites. Starting with this fantastic quick and simply mid-week recipe favourite; slow cooker chicken and mushroom curry.
We would of course recommend that you use a Slow Cooker Liner with all Slow Cooker Recipes as this reduces the need to scrub your slow cooker bowl!
Slow cooker Chicken and Mushrooms Curry Ingredients
- 4 chicken thigh pieces or 2 chicken breast if preferred
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tin condensed low fat mushroom soup or 1 tin condensed tomato soup (depending on personal taste)
- 150g sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
Slow cooker Chicken and Mushrooms Curry Method
Preparation Time: 10min
Cooking Time: 6hr
- Warm up your slow cooker; don’t forget to add your Slow Cooker Liners to avoid any unnecessary washing up at the end.
- Fry the chicken in a frying pan to brown it a bit. Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Fry the onions in the frying pan until soft. Add to the chicken.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker and give it a little bit of a stir. Cook for 6 hours .
All that is left to do now is to sit back and enjoy your meal and not have to worry about the washing up!