Beef Slow Cooker Spicy Curry
Posted by on February 11, 2015
Slow Cooker Liners love a hot spicy recipe, especially this one from www.allrecipes.co.uk. This hearty, spicy, beef curry can be made a little less spicy by reducing the level of spices and also adding some natural yogurt when serving. Great served over mashed potatoes or rice.
Don’t forget to cook the curry in your Slow Cooker Liner! If there are any leftovers you can simply leave the curry in the liner and place it straight into the freezer.
SLOW COOKER BEEF CURRY OVERVIEW:
Pre-cooking Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 hours (see notes)
Suitable for home freezing: Yes
SLOW COOKER BEEF CURRY INGREDIENTS:
Below are the ingredients for the slow cooker beef curry. However, feel free to use whatever vegetables you have lying around.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450g beef stewing steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 fresh green chilli, diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced and quartered
- 250ml beef stock
- Ground cumin ¼ teaspoon
- Plain flour 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
SLOW COOKER BEEF CURRY METHOD:
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and brown the beef on all sides.
- Remove from pan, reserving juices, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir the garlic, ginger and chilli in the pan for 2 minutes, until tender, and season with curry powder.
- Mix in the chopped tomatoes.
- Place the onion in the bottom of a slow cooker don’t forget your slow cooker liner, and layer with the browned beef. Scoop the pan mixture into the slow cooker, and mix in the beef stock.
- Cover, and cook 6 to 8 hours on Low.