Slow Cooker Recipe - Spicy Chilli Recipe
Posted by on October 27, 2014
Spicy Chilli Recipe - Slow Cooker Chili
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, medium dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, medium dice
- 6 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 25g chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1kg lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, plus more as needed
- 1 large tin diced tomatoes
- 800g tomato sauce
- 1 large tin of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 25g coarsely chopped pickled jalapenos or green chillies, drained
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions and green pepper, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilli powder, and cumin, stir to coat the vegetables, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the ground beef and measured salt and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until the beef is no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker, add the diced tomatoes and their juices, tomato sauce, and beans, and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the chilli thickens , about 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
- Stir in the jalapeños or green chillies. Taste and season with salt as needed, and serve with cheese, spring onions, and sour cream.